Surfers Paradise, the beaches are beautiful! Living in surfers however is interesting. Yes you are in a tourist town with everything you could need to have an excellent vacation is within reach. The downside is the locals are less than warm and the nightlife is chaotic and sometime dangerous. I would liken the vibe to the show Jersey Shore, too many muscles and bleach blond hair happening here. But for all the negatives there are definitely some positives.
Here are the top ten best things redeeming Surfers Paradise at the moment.
- $3 Coronas at Melbas on Thursdays followed by a decent dance party.
- $3 rump steaks at Waxy’s on Sundays and Mondays (yes they’re good!)
- Proximity to Tamborine Mountain and tons of waterfalls
- Walk, everything is super close!
- Great proximity to all theme parks like Seaworld, Wet N’ Wild and Warner bros.
- General family atmosphere, Ripleys believe it or not, Quack’r’Duck, mini golf (daytime only)
- The beach! Get there early.
- The hostels, need a fun break? Book into one for the night and let er rip
- Shopping is good here there are lot’s of deals at the local shops or Pacific Fair, a huge shopping mall, is only 10 minutes down the road.
- Sunshine! 300 days of the year!
While the Gold coast is beautiful and friendly I would suggest that Surfers is good for a weekend trip. If you bring your family be aware that there’s a major vibe switch from day to night.