Barcelona, pronounced bar-thay-lone-ah is one of my all time favourite cities. So much life and FOOOOOD, the Catalans know how to eat. Jamón anyone? Something to note is they have a very different eating schedule to North America, dinner starts at 9 or even 10 at night due to their mid day siestas!
- La Sagrada Familia – The first time I went I didn’t even go in because the line was so, so, long. Like most major attractions get a guided tour ticket to skip the bulk of the line if it’s that bad.
- Tapas and wine or Paella and Sangria – Oh my.
- The beaches – Oh the beaches, get you tops off and your euros ready! Indulge in some beach drinks and maybe an illegal 2 euro beach massage!
- La Boqueria (market) – Enter from La Rambla and be prepared to be amazed (and hungry). I had to pick my jaw up off the ground. The displays are so amazing in here.
- Barca soccer (fùtbol) – Olé, olé, olé, olé!! Have a couple beers and don’t cheer for the wrong team. 🙂
These are just a few of my favourite things, what is your favourite part of Barcelona?