Ready to be a backpacker? Is travelling in you veins? Here are the top 5 ways to make friends abroad!
- Check yourself into a hostel. Preferably a busy one (check the ratings or reviews) every one there is travelling alone and looking for friends just like you! The worst thing you can do is sulk alone in a hotel room. Not into share rooms? Most hostels have solo rooms, keep the vibe and the comfort.
- Talk to people. This might be a no brainer but I’m an introvert who resorts to headphones in lonely situations. Wrong idea. Opening yourself up and making yourself approachable is the best way to strike up a casual conversation with someone! When in doubt compliment them on something and trust me, it flows from there.
- Be active. Don’t sit in your room, go do something you like. Like yoga? Join a class it’s the best way to meet like minded people like you!
- Join tinder.. Maybe score a (free) meal and some conversation for the night!
- Join couchsurfing. No you don’t need to stay on strangers couches to make friends. On their app they have a ‘Hangouts’ section where you can find people looking to hang in your radius. It’s game changing!
Now get out there and make some lifelong friends already!!